Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shh, Don't Tell My Doctor & Liebster Award

{Top: Forever21; Jeans: Marshalls; Fedora: unkown; Sunglasses: gift; Jewelry: Premier Designs; Flats: Prairie Rose; Bag: Vieta}

Shhhh! Don't tell my podiatrist that I'm wearing flats. I have had problems with my feet my whole life gaining me many trips to the podiatrist and orthotics to wear in my tennis shoes. On my most recent visit to the doctor, I was told me feet were so bad he couldn't bare to see me walk. Harsh, right? I knew my feet were in pain but I didn't realize I was that bad. Sure,  I hadn't seen my podiatrist in five years and had been wearing flats more than usual which don't fit my orthotics but does it really matter that much? Apparently, it does. My feet took a turn for the worse. I was diagnosed with posterior tibial tendonitis and was told I will have to have surgery later in life. He said in order to delay surgery as a long as possible, I must take care of my feet. Which means no more flats. I have to wear tennis shoes with my orthotics or (and here comes the good news) HEELS! Yay! Finally doctor permission to wear heels! At least it wasn't all bad!


P.S. I received the Liebster Award from the lovely Ashley at A Decorative Piece of Citrus Zest  I am so excited that someone liked my blog enough to give me this award! Thanks Ashley!

For those of you who don't know, this award goes to new blogs with less than 200 followers. The German word "Liebster" translates in English to "beloved" or "favorite" (thanks Ashley for that info). Time to spread the love:


Rules:
Link back to the person who gave you the award
Put the award on your post
Choose 5 blogs with under 200 followers to receive the award
Let them know you awarded them

12 comments:

  1. You look adorable! Love the hat and love your tank!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SO excited you picked us! We will post and link back! you are the best :)

    xox,

    wardrobe girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have guessed a doctor would warrant against flats! ;)
    That vineyard is beautiful and hopefully you can go buy yourself a fun new pair of heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blogs! And I love love love your jeans!

    ~CP, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you as well :)

    Cute outfit!
    xo,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH no -- sorry to hear about your feet but great news about the heels! I love Wardrobes I Met & Liked and Here and Now. Great pics! :)

    Loving your outfit today -- keep up the great style!

    -Ashley
    whatisatwist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty locale and love the glasses!
    kw, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty shirt! such a fun outfit! Thank you so much for the award! you are too sweet
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable outfit! and congrats on the award that's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your poor feet! Love this cute & casual outfit - the hat looks great on you :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips